Getting Started Means Getting Registered
If you would like to buy donor sperm, get started by following the step-by-step instructions below. You must be registered in order to purchase sperm. You do not need to be registered to get additional donor details via email or over the phone.
The entire registration process is done by printing and filling out the forms provided here online and then sending them back to us via e/mail or fax. It can take about a week or less to complete.
Whenever you send paperwork, always call us to confirm that we received it. 510.841.1858
- STEP ONE: Register Your Medical Professional's Facility
- STEP TWO: Get Registered
- STEP THREE: Choose A Donor
- STEP FOUR: Purchase Your Vials
- STEP FIVE: Set Up Your Shipment or Pick Up
- STEP SIX: Plan Ahead
- Call us at 510.841.1858 to find out if your healthcare facility is already registered .
- If yes, go to STEP TWO.
- If your health care facility is not registered with TSBC, you can register them by completing our Medical Professional Registration form and submitting this with a copy of their state license OR a voided prescription. There is no fee for medical professional registration.
- We can also let you know what medical professionals in your area are already registered with us.
- Complete the required Recipient Information Form
- Complete the required Recipient Informed Consent
- Have your doctor complete the Required Annual Dr's Signature Form
- Mail, fax or email these forms (and, if applicable, your doctor's signed Medical Professional Registration Form and copy of license/voided prescription) to us with your registration fee.
- There is a one-time $100 registration fee for all new recipients (payable by check, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard).
- It will take 3 to 5 business days to become registered. You will know you have completed the process when you see the charge on your card or when you receive a Welcome Email from TSBC. You're now ready to place your first order.
- You can EXPEDITE for an additional $100 and be registered the same day that we receive your forms. (Forms received after 1pm will be processed by noon the following business day)
- If you are the partner of someone who is already registered with us and you, the partner, are now planning on trying to conceive using a TSBC donor, you do not need to pay the registration fee, but you do need to submit all required registration paperwork and be registered before using a TSBC Donor.
- Whenever you send paperwork, please call us to confirm that we received it. 510.841.1858
- Look at our Donor Catalog and read free profiles and interview notes for each donor.
- Have questions? You are welcome to call us and ask for details about any of the donors:
- How many pregnancies does he have?
- How many vials are available for purchase?
- What type vials are available - washed? or unwashed?
- What the sperm counts in the vials available?
- Which donor has the highest sperm count?
- Can you describe his photo to me?
- All purchases are made over the phone with a TSBC staff person. Requests for vials that come via email or fax will not be honored as purchases until you call and purchase over the phone.
- Call us at least 7 days before your planned insemination to purchase donor sperm.
- Let us know the donor number, the quantity and type of vials you wish to purchase. Once purchased, vials can stay at TSBC until you are ready to retrieve them.
Please Note: If the donor you chose reaches his ten-family limit before you retrieve your purchased vials, we will not be able to release them to you. In this instance, we will refund the cost of the vials. In all other situations, vial purchases are nonrefundable.
- All shipments are scheduled over the phone with a TSBC staff person. Requests for vials to be shipped that come via email or fax without having ever spoken with a staff person are not valid.
- You can set up your shipment or schedule a pick-up at the time of purchase or at a later time.
- A completed Semen Order Form is required before each order is picked-up or shipped.
- Please call us at 510.841.1858 to schedule your shipment or pick-up.
- We ask that shipments be set up one week before you need vials to arrive.
- Your order/shipment is not confirmed until you have spoken with TSBC staff.
- Same day pick-ups appointments We cannot guarantee availability. Please plan ahead and schedule ahead. You can always change your appointment once you have made it.
- Same-day shipping requests We cannot guarantee availability and will only accommodate on a case by case basis. If a same day shipment can be arranged additional fees will be charged.
- For international shipments, we must receive a signed International Shipping Agreement in addition to all other required documents before each order is shipped.
- While placing your order, check the donor's inventory to decide if you want to purchase more vials for subsequent cycle attempts.
- We do not automatically place your name on a notification list or set aside more vials for you.
- We encourage you to read our Conception Strategies for Women 35 and Older for more information on age and fertility. This handout contains information helpful for all women, regardless of age.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to access our registration forms, get acrobat reader software now.
Please do not hesitate to call us for further explanation and more details. 510.841.1858