Our office will be closed January 18th in celebration of the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Thank you!
Learn more about our services and COVID-19 under New and Upcoming Events
A Known Donor Account is the same as a Directed Donor but for this account the recipient has chosen to waive the recommended six-month quarantine of the semen samples. Instead of a 6-month quarantine, for a Known Donor account the donor is required to have STD testing every 7 days while making deposits.
TSBC does not recommend waiving the quarantine and, in some instances, our Medical Director will require the quarantine if she feels it is necessary prevent disease transmission. Additionally, some fertility clinics will not work with vials that have not been quarantined. Please contact us for more information.
- Specific paperwork, documents and a Medical Exam are required prior to initial visit.
- Donor needs to be able to access our Berkeley office to open account and make deposits.
- The initial cost to set-up this account is from $2250 and up (cost varies based on optional tests and number of return visits).
- From the date of the initial visit it takes an estimated 30 to 45 days for stored vials to be available for release.
- Vials stored in this type of account will be releasable approximately 30-90 days after the account is opened.
How do I get started?
For Directed Donors and Known Donors we highly recommend you schedule a semen analysis and test thaw appointment with TSBC prior to setting up a storage account.
At this appointment the donor will:
- provide an ejaculate for evaluation only
- the ejaculate is not stored and can not be used for insemination.
- our lab will perform a complete semen analysis on the sample, freeze it, and thaw it a week later to assess cryo survival.
- the semen analysis indicates the donor’s general fertility, and the test thaw indicates how well the donor’s sperm survives freezing.
To begin the sperm storage process please call us to request an e-information packet. Once all the required paperwork has been filled out by all parties (recipient and donor) and returned to TSBC, please call and make an appointment for the Account Set Up.
At the Initial visit the donor will:
- Review and sign the Storage Contract
- Provide a semen sample for storage in our lab.
- Have blood and urine collected in our lab
Please allow up to 2 hours for the Initial Appointment. Any subsequent appointments for additional deposits are 30 minutes.
Please email for more details. Or call 510.841.1858 ext. 4