Welcome to THE SPERM BANK OF CALIFORNIA. Our goal is to make it simple and convenient for you to order sperm. We have found that fully understanding our policies and getting registered and placing orders in advance can reduce the stress that many women feel when trying to conceive.
How To Reach Us
Placing Orders & Retrieving Vials
- Please allow 2 weeks for the entire Registration Process. It generally won't take two weeks, but to reduce stress please allow yourself two weeks to complete the entire process and before actually needing genetic material. This includes the time it takes to gather required paperwork and signatures. Once we receive all required documents you will be registered in 3-5 business days.
- All sperm purchases must be placed over the phone with a Health Worker.
- An order for vials is not confirmed until you have spoken with a Health Worker.
- A Shipping/Pick Up Confirmation Order Form is required for all pick-ups and shipments. You can fax/email this form after you set up your shipment over the phone. You can fill one out onsite for any pick-ups. Your confirmation form must be filled out and signed by you with each shipment or pick up. No exceptions.
- Order in Advance. We ask that you purchase sperm and place shipping orders over the phone at least one week before the requested shipment date. Please schedule all pick-up appointments with at least 24 hours notice. This will help us accommodate your preferences. We also find that advance scheduling can help to make the process less stressful.
- Same Day Pick-Ups Appointments. We cannot guarantee availability. Please plan ahead and schedule ahead. You can always change your appointment once you have made it.
- Same-Day Shipping We cannot guarantee availability and will only accommodate on a case by case basis. If a same day shipment can be arranged additional fees will be charged.
- Appointments are Required for all in-person consultations and to pick up vials. Scheduling appointments ensures staff will be available to serve you and protects your confidentiality. We do not see drop-ins.
- Cancelations or Missed Appointment fee will be applied if less than 24 hours notice is given.
- Tank Rental for Pick-Ups When you pick-up your vial(s) in a Liquid Nitrogen Tank, a tank rental fee is charged for each day the tank is out, including the day it is picked up and the day it is returned. Tanks are guaranteed for 7 days from the day it arrives at its destination and are due back to TSBC within 5 days post the expiration of the 7 day guarantee period.
- Tanks for Shipments. Tanks are guaranteed for 7 days from the day it is given to you. The timely return of a shipped Liquid Nitrogen Tank is included in the shipping fee. Late returns of shipped tanks are subject to daily rental fees.
- Dry Ice is available for pickups only. Dry ice is guaranteed for 24 hours when using an insulated cooler from TSBC. **Please note that we will be discontinuing our dry ice option for pickups beginning October 1st, 2018.**
TSBC Policy Reminders
- Current fee information and donor vial availability is posted on our website.
- Vial purchases are non-refundable. See INFORMED CONSENT FOR SEMEN RECIPIENTS for full details.
- Vials that have not left TSBC premises may be exchanged for other vials. There is a fee for this service.
- Retrieved vials that have not been used may be restocked with us for a fee. These vials will not carry TSBC’s sperm count guarantee and may not be exchanged for other vials.
- Vials from General Inventory remaining at TSBC for more than 3 months after purchase are subject to quarterly storage fees.
- Sibling Inventory Vials are subject to annual storage fee, due at time of purchase. Nonpayment of storage fees cancels the storage agreement and releases ownership of the vials back to TSBC.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you may be asked to reschedule and will be charged a missed appointment fee. If you are running late, please call us in advance of your appointment time and our phone counselors will let you know if a later appointment time is available.
- Recipients are expected to report all conceptions to TSBC when they occur and the outcome for each pregnancy. TSBC tracks all conception and birth outcomes as part of our commitment to maintaining our low donor family limit, to allow participation in our ongoing family programs, and for quality control and research purposes. Please be advised that your medical provider may report this information directly to TSBC. If we receive a report from your medical provider, we will contact you to obtain a complete report.