How to Qualify
We welcome men of all ethnicities and backgrounds as donors. You are eligible to start the donor screening process if:
- You are between the ages of 20 and 39 and are at least 5 feet 7 inches tall
- You are able to make a one-year commitment to the program (two semesters for students)
- You are a high school graduate and live within 25 miles of our downtown Berkeley, CA office
- You can work legally in the United States
- You are able to provide medical information about both sides of your biological family
- You can visit us at least once a week, during business hours
- You have no chronic health problems
- You have completed or are pursuing a college degree
In order to comply with tissue bank licensing regulations, we cannot accept donor applicants who have been exposed to or infected with HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HTLV, syphilis, genital herpes, or genital warts.
Benefits of Becoming a Donor
- You help someone have the family they always wanted.
- You receive free ongoing health screening.
- You learn your fertility and genetic history.
- You are paid $100 for every ejaculate that meets minimum sperm count.
- You are paid $500 when you complete the exit blood test
- You are paid $100 for providing us with a childhood photo.